Not much to report to be fair and any changes that effect the UK buy to let property market we were all ready aware of. There’s a quick summary below of the relevant property related points. The key bit for the buy to let property landlord and investor is the formal introduction of a 3% stamp duty charge which will be introduced from the 1st April. To repeat, this isn’t new news and merely embraced the huge overall investment in the UK housing market.
- 98% of home buyers are paying less due to stamp duty reform.
- The 3% surcharge on second homes and BTL properties will go ahead.
Housing and Planning
- We are going to speed up the planning process.
- New residential stamp duty rates will apply to larger developers and property buyers as well.
- £150 million package announced to support the homeless.
- High Speed III train between Manchester and Leeds has been given the green light.
- More investment in the North to create the #NORTHERNPOWERHOUSE
If you have any question please feel free to contact the office.